This Chinese-inspired fried rice recipe is a quick easy meal. It is rich in nutrients and vitamins along with a restaurant-style finish. The 10 min recipe is one of the quickest main courses and highly customizable. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, vegetable fried rice is your favorite of all.
Vegetable Fried Rice
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 bowl water for soaking & boiling
- Garlic clove one small bowl finely chopped
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- Sunflower Oil
- Onion springs finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, some beans, 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 green chilli minutely chopped
- ¼ cabbage finely chopped
- Soy Sauce
- Black pepper
Cooking the Rice
- You should select some long body rice such as Basmati for the preparation to give it a restaurant finish. Soak rice for 20 min
- Drain out the water completely.
- Take a pan with water little more than the level of the rice. Add 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Boil the water.
- Add the soaked rice and close the lid.
- The rice needs to be cooked just enough that it is not hard but soft enough that it mashes when you apply slight pressure, but not falling apart.
- Strain out the water and dry the rice as much as possible so that it fries well.
It’s time to fry
- In a large pan add 2 tablespoon oil, add the finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Add the chopped onions and saute until golden.
- Add all the vegetables except spring onion and stir fry on high flame. Don’t overcook.
- Add salt to taste
- Now add 2 tablespoon Soy sauce to the fried veggies
- Add the rice and stir it. Make sure the grains don’t break.
- Add 1 tablespoon black pepper and ½ tablespoon parsley.
- Now add the spring onions as well
- Fry it in a low flame.
Your Vegetable Fried Rice is ready. You can serve with Gobi Manchurian or chilli paneer or chilli baby corn.
Some tips for you
- Picking the perfect rice will define the taste of your fried rice. Always select long-grain rice, unlike other Chinese foods.
- Make sure to cool the rice completely so that the grains don’t break
- Don’t cook at the high flame as the rice will tend to stick at the bottom
- You can add other vegetables of your choice such as broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn etc.
- For non-vegetarian you can serve with chilli chicken. Also with the vegetables, you can add a fried egg and fried chicken along with the vegetables to make it mixed fried rice.
Leave a Reply