Chilli chicken is one of the most common Chinese recipes cooked in every household. Every country gives an essence of their style with this dish. Let us cook the spicy mouth-watering chicken in a mix of hot and spicy taste in just 15 min
Chicken ChilliPrint Recipe
- Boneless chicken pieces cut into small size
- Onion Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper
- Corn flour – ¾ cup
- 1 egg in a small bowl
- Garlic clove one small bowl
- Sunflower Oil
- One small bowl square chopped onions
- Onion springs
- One green and red bell pepper square chopped
- Take a medium-size bowl and add all the chicken pieces
- Add 1 tablespoon onion paste & 1 tablespoon garlic paste & 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Season with a teaspoon of salt and a pinch of pepper
- Mix well and leave it aside for 1 hour.
Time to fry
- Take a small bowl with the cornflour
- Take a pan with oil enough for frying.
- Coat eat chicken with cornflour, then egg and coat another layer. ( 2 Layer coating is required for better taste )
- Shallow fry the chicken until it turns golden brown
- Keep the chicken aside for final charisma.
It’s time for the finale!
- In a pan of oil, add garlic cloves finely chopped
- Add the chopped onions and bell pepper
- Add salt to taste
- Fry them on high flame until soft
- Now add 2 tablespoon tomato puree, 1 tablespoon soya sauce and 1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
- Stir and simmer and wait till the mixture takes a thick soupy form.
- Add the fried chicken and 100 ml water.
- Cook it in a low flame.
- Serve the chicken chilly in a flat bowl
- Finely chop onion springs over it
- For garnish add a green chilly sliced from centre
- Yay! Your Chicken Chilli is ready. Serve hot!
Some tips for you
- Marination is an important step to get a juicy chicken.
- Chilli chicken tastes the best when the chicken is crispy. Make sure your ingredients are easily accessible to avoid delay.
- Don’t deep fry the chicken as it may overcook. We need it to be juicy enough.
- The combination of sauces as per your wish. You can add oyster sauce to give it a brownish look or a red chilli sauce with red chilli powder to give it reddish look.
- If you want chicken chilli to be dry, don’t add 100 ml water. However, if you want to eat with roti/paratha/rice make a little gravy.