Fish cutlet is a yummy crispy non-veg coastal snack in a square or round shape made out of the meat from fish. It is one most the most famous Bengali dish and my personal favorite too.
- 250 g thin Fish fillets (boneless) of Salmon or Bhetki or any of your favourite boneless fish.
- 1 cup potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 3 tablespoon onion paste
- ½ tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 green chili and few coriander leaf paste
- Salt to Taste
- 2 eggs
- Boil 3 cups water in a pan with 1 tablespoon salt
- Add the fish fillets and 1 tablespoon of oil
- Boil for 10 min.
- Now strain the water and transfer the fillets to a bowl. Remove scale and bones if any.
- Add the green chili and coriander paste
- Now add 3 tablespoon onion paste and 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste.
- Add ½ tablespoon red chili powder, 1 tablespoon turmeric powder.
- Add 2 tablespoon lemon juice and mix well.
- Marinate it for 30 min.
- Take a flat tray and add breadcrumbs.
- Take another bowl add 2 egg wash, add little black pepper and salt, and beat it.
- Now take each fillet and coat it with flour.
- Then coat with egg wash.
- Dip it in breadcrumbs and coat it evenly.
- Similarly coat for 2 layers. Coat the other fillets as well.
- Take a pan with 3 cups of oil. Slowly add the coated fillets
- Deep fry it properly on both sides until it turns brownish.
Your Fish cutlet is ready. Serve with some chopped onions, chopped cucumber and mustard sauce.
Some tips for you
- Make sure the fillets are thin enough to cook well from inside.
- Evenly marinate the fillets well so that the spices enter the fillets.
- The coating is an important step that defines the taste of your cutlet.
- Rest the beaten egg for 10 min so that it becomes loose. This way you will need less egg wash.
Leave a Reply